Tuesday, October 20, 2009

RE: re: Eureka!

Yeah, I thought about revoking what I said about the artist community because I think I'm wrong there. I think what I was meaning to say is more along the lines of allowing myself to be accepted as what I am in that community, which for some reason I'm afraid of.

Also, as an art student here I've always been taken very seriously. If I hadn't, I never would have gotten to the point where I am now. I have raw talent but it definitely needed focus.
So the professors aren't the problem.
I think my issue is that this is the first time for most of my classmates where they are intensely on their own as far as what they are going to create. I'm not saying I'm more advanced than them, but I think I am more willing to go out on a limb conceptually. I have always leaned toward conceptual creation, even in high school. Except I never really knew how and I still sort of don't.

This was a good back and forth, I LIKE IT



endpost.
sketchsteph/

2 comments:

  1. i like it too! think you should push the rest of your classmates to step out of the freaking box too. cause they're not going to go anywhere after school if they don't. and maybe all you need to do is keep doing what you're doing to make them realize it.

    also i know you hate going to museums cause you think they're pretentious, but i think it's really really valuable to get out and see art that's being made now. do you go to galleries & stuff when you go into the city?

    ReplyDelete
  2. NO I DON'T GO TO GALLERIES UNLESS I'M FORCED TO STOP ASKING DAGKDLJKGAJJDGALK.

    And yeah you're right. There are one or two who are definitely out of the box. I definitely think we all reach that point by the time we're seniors, based on the senior shows I've seen here.

    ReplyDelete